We understand that social networking is woven into our culture and an emerging generation of leaders communicates more openly than ever before. So social networking is becoming a driving force in our sharing the gospel, building relationships, and meeting new people.
The beauty of using social media as a church is that every member of our faith community is already empowered to spread the word naturally, online and offline, through our various networks of relationships. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and other tools are merely making that task easier. So our challenge is simple: Just be you. Just love people the way you already do, and as you do, share your faith.
Here are ten ways you can help Pacific Baptist anytime to build relationships and share the gospel.
- “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- Click the sharing links on our news stories, message content, prayer pointers, and various website pages, especially pages featuring our upcoming teaching series.
- “Check in” on Facebook every time you’re at Pacific Baptist, or an event we’re hosting.
- Click “like” on posts you see on Facebook by Pacific Baptist, which helps our content spread further to be seen by your friends.
- Re-tweet what Pacific Baptist posts on Twitter.
- Take photos and videos at church and church-related events, then post them to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. and use the hashtag #pacificES so we can spot them! You can also email them to email@example.com and we’ll use them here and there.
- Post, as a tweet or Facebook status update, a short quote from a sermon, or a lyric from a song we’re singing, and put #pacificES in your post.
- Invite people to Pacific Baptist events using your social networks.
- Help us to follow you on social networks! Email us links to your social profiles and we’ll follow you!
- Write your faith story, or let us do a video interview with you, to share your faith with all kinds of people. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there other ways you can think of? Tell us in the comments below. And if you don’t mind your profiles being available to everyone on our site, feel free to post your social profile links below for us to follow!