Why Should I Bless My Neighbors?
First, your neighbors matter to God. They are precious sons and daughters whom He loves. God grieves over those who are apart from Him and wants them to return “home.” Prayer will move them toward the Father, and heaven will rejoice when they come home (Luke 15:7, 11-24).
Second, God commands that “requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone.” “Everyone” includes your neighbors whom God wants to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth” (I Tim. 2:1,4).
Third, as you bless others, you too will be blessed!
Here are some specific, scriptural prayers you can pray for needs in these areas:
Social (Relationships with others)
* Monday: Give thanks for your neighbors. Pray that God will help them see the qualities of, and give thanks for, the people they relate to (Philippians 1:3).
* Tuesday: Pray that they may have good friends who will stick by them at all times and family members who will stand by them in adversity (Proverbs 17:17).
* Wednesday: Pray that they will “bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances they may have against one another” (Colossians 3:13).
* Thursday: Pray for love, devotion, and sexual purity in marriages. “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure” (Heb. 13:4).
* Friday: Ask God to give them good friendships. “Pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!” (Ecclesiastes 4:10).
Prayer points are adopted directly from the Harvest Prayer Ministry’s web page, “How to Bless Your Neighbor Through Prayer.”